Spreading God's Word Since 1805.
In 1805, near two crystal springs, the first building for Cool Springs Baptist Church was erected. "Hand-riven" shingles made a stout roof for the new house of worhship. There were no windows, so tallow candles with homespun thread for wicks were used to light the building.People began to come to the church in large numbers and soon a large frame building was constructed. Then, as time passed, the congregation outgrew the second building and an arbor with seating capacity of 500 was built. Work on the present building was started in 1895 and finished in 1896. Behind its construction are stories of hard work, love and sacrfice all for the purpose of winning souls and maturing saints in the Lord.